Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fashion for Compassion: Fashion Show

This weekend, I went to a charity fashion show for Texas Muslim Women's Foundation. The organizers of the event were two local young women,  Ndaa Hassan, CEO & Designer of Écharpe à la Mode, and Zeena Alkurdi, CEO & Designer of Pearl Boutique. They did an amazing job bringing together our community and fellow Muslim designers in a fabulous way for a great cause.
I apologize in advance for the pictures. We were sitting on the side, so the angle isn't the best. Enjoy!



Waiting for the show to start
Show's about to start!
 
First up: INAYAH
  Contemporary Abayas by Inner Orbit Systems
 
Wedding Gown Finale
The End :)
Time for sushi!
My only purchase of the night was a gorgeous abaya by For the Desert Roses. I was eying it before the show started, and once I saw it on the runway I was sold! The color is so saturated and rich. It's a really beautiful deep magenta. Perfect for any formal event, especially weddings. Can't wait to wear it!
Chiffon Beaded Caftan
 
Special Thanks to Sarah for taking pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Modern-Day Modest

Total Pageviews